*You must submit electronic copy of your plan.
- The winning team must start their business in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- The winning team must use the funds/services within one year from the date of winning the event.
- Student based: One or more team member must be (i) a student in good standing at a NEPA college/university and (ii) a member of the management team and minimum 10% equity holder.
- Business plans must develop products or services that leverage *technical processes, methods or specialized scientific knowledge to create a competitive advantage. Knowledge-based refers to creation/utilization of intellectual property such as patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Final qualification determination is reserved for the judging committee.
- Final approval of eligibility is reserved for the judging committee.
Cash and in-kind awards will be used for start-up expenses.
*Technology = design, development, manufacture or processes using engineering and science-based methods. Examples include IT, Biotechnology, Manufacturing.
*Please Note: There can be NO mention or representation of your college so as not to bias the judges.