Judges will use a 100 Point Scale to evaluate plans and finalist presentations. Points available for each element of the competition include:
ROUND I: Judges’ Review of Submitted Deliverables
(60 POINTS MAXIMUM)
- Executive Summary – 40 Points
- Competitive Analysis – 10 Points
- Pro Forma Financials – 10 Points
Round II: Live Finalist Presentations
(40 POINTS MAXIMUM)
- Presentation Content – 20 points
- Presentation Quality – 20 points
- Pitch Deck presentations should not exceed 10 minutes.*
- Following each team presentation Judges will have 10 minutes for Q&A.
WINNERS WILL HAVE HIGHEST COMBINED POINT TOTALS FOR ROUNDS I & II.
Historically, judges have placed particular emphasis on many of the following criteria in their scoring decisions:
- Are deliverables clear, well-written, and well-communicated?
- Is there a clear statement of the problem or opportunity?
- What is the Product/Market fit?
- What is the Business Model?
- What is the customer awareness potential?
- What are the company differentiators?
- What is the Go To Market strategy?
- Has any test marketing work been conducted?
- Is the team of sufficient breadth, balance and quality to make its ideas happen?
- Do the financial projections demonstrate that the team understands its business?
- Is there a clear statement of financial sources, uses and returns?
* Teams that exceed the ten minute presentation time limit will be asked to stop and move the Q&A portion after